Are you looking to make a meaningful difference with an organization committed to protecting public health and the environment? Are you a detail-driven transaction processing specialist who loves to interact with customers?
The BC Water & Waste Association has a newly created role for a Transaction Clerk. This position is responsible for accurate and timely transaction processing of the BCWWA’s membership renewals, and training and events registrations, handling approximately 7,000 transactions annually. This is a customer-facing position that requires strong customer service skills, an understanding of financial transactions, and exceptional attention to detail. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position works with program staff and the BCWWA’s Manager of Finance.
About the role:
- Provide the front-line response to customers about membership in the BCWWA and about the Association’s programs and services.
- Process membership purchases and renewals, and registrations for BCWWA’s training and events programs, including entry of registration information into the Association’s database, payment collection, receivables follow-up, and preparation of receipts and confirmation notices. Work with the Manager of Finance to ensure that payments are accurately reflected in the Association’s financial accounting system.
- Prepare and distribute membership renewal notices; send reminder notices and conduct follow-up.
- Enter member and customer data into the BCWWA’s database; update the database with new information when changes occur.
- Coordinate membership programs as needed, including providing administrative support to advisory committees and assisting in the development of communications materials.
- Perform a variety of office administration functions including:
- Answering phone and responding to faxes and on-site inquiries.
- Processing mail and directing incoming email; verifying follow-up as required.
- Coordinating courier deliveries and mass mail outs.
- Taking staff meeting minutes.
- Earned a college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of financial transaction processing.
- Experience with data entry and processing of financial transactions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Joomla content management system is an asset.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Exceptional attention to detail – driven to always get it “right”, takes pride in providing accuracy in all work.
- Highly organized – can always find what is needed when it is needed.
- Excellent customer service skills – listens to customer needs, connects them to the appropriate products and services.
- Excellent time management and priority setting skills.
- Ability to work under time pressure – stays calm and focused.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – listens and understands, able to effectively share ideas.
- Ability to work well independently, while ensuring that work is coordinated with the rest of the team.
- Takes initiative – results oriented and likes to get things done!
- Effective problem-solving skills – ability to accurately assess problems, identify and implement solutions.
- Self-motivated – brings a positive “can do” attitude, strives for excellence.
- The BCWWA is the industry association for water sector practitioners in BC – the people responsible for ensuring safe, sustainable, and secure water systems in our province. We have over 4,500 members from a broad cross section of the industry, including operators, engineers, utility managers, plumbers, and manufacturers and suppliers of equipment and technology.
- We have a bright and engaged team, and we are looking to change the world (or at least our corner of it!)
- Our offices are presently based in Burnaby, and will be relocating to downtown Vancouver in January 2014.
- We offer a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefits plan, and generous vacation and flex time.
Interested? Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining how your experience matches our role to firstname.lastname@example.org.