Position: Recycling Hotline Information Officer
Organization: Recycling Council of B.C. www.rcbc.ca
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Job Description and Purpose
The Recycling Council of British Columbia is seeking a Recycling Hotline Information Officer to work with the Hotline team to provide waste reduction information for callers from British Columbia and Alberta. The role of the Information Officer is to empower and support callers in making informed 3Rs decisions by providing information on waste avoidance, recycling services, regulations, programs and initiatives.
Skills and Abilities Required
The Information Officer should be an energetic, team-oriented person interested in MAKING A DIFFERENCE. This position requires an understanding of waste reduction, recycling, and composting issues and programs in BC and/or AB. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- An interest in working with environmental and/or waste management programs
- Proven knowledge of waste reduction, recycling and composting issues in BC
- Education in environmental science, resource management, geography, political science or related field
- Volunteer experience in the waste management or environmental field
- Excellent customer service skills; call centre experience an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office applications and database software
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Responding to enquiries to the RCBC Recycling Hotline by phone and email. The Hotline team responds to over 200 phone inquiries per day.
- Maintaining the currency and accuracy of information contained in the Recycling Hotline database, fact sheets, research reports and other reference materials.
- Performing miscellaneous office duties as assigned.
- Researching new issues and unusual enquiries.
- Keeping current on developments in the waste reduction field.
This is a permanent, full-time position. The position will start September 4th, 2013. The successful applicant will work five days a week, 7 hours a day, for a total of 35 hours per week. The Recycling Hotline operates Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm. The starting wage is $15.00 per hour. RCBC offers a benefits package after three months.
Please submit cover letter & resume, attn: Jessie Christophersen, Information Services Assistant. No phone calls please.
Recycling Council of British Columbia, Unit 10-119 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1S5
Email: employment rcbc.ca*
Application Deadline: August 28th, 2013.