The event is free to attend and refreshments will be served.
The Semester in Dialogue is a 10-credit leadership program at SFU that branches away from traditional learning and focuses more on learning through dialogue. It’s an intensive 7-weeks focusing on a singe broad issue, and the theme of our semester is Leading Social Change in BC: Innovative and Transformational Leadership.
The Timeline Projects will focus on:
– Theatre and Social Change | Presented by Lukáš Hyrman, Monica Miller, Menelaine Valencia
– Income and Social Inclusion in BC | Presented by Loryn Blower, Jeannette Friesen, Nicky Grunfeld, Umme Mansorry
– Women Leading Change for Women | Presented by Georgia Clayton, Chantal Esperanza, Rohini Grover, Savanna Jones Martin
– Transportation in BC | Presented by Shiva Bakhitary, Kelsey Dunn, Maayan Kreitzman, Shelly Lai
– The Development of the Downtown Eastside | Presented by Heather Blach, Margaret Chang, Izzy Kim, Mariza Phillips
More information about the students: http://www.sfu.ca/dialog/undergrad/students.html
Please RSVP on EventBrite to confirm your attendance (so we know numbers): http://summerdialogue2013.eventbrite.com/