Reducing Carbon Makes Dollars and Sense
The next Metro Vancouver Sustainability Community Breakfast will take place Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) downtown Vancouver campus at 555 Seymour Street, Vancouver.
Small and medium-sized businesses can play an important role in fighting climate change, while keeping costs down. Since 2010, Metro Vancouver has co-funded over 300 businesses to take a Climate Smart training program that helped them explore options to reduce their carbon footprint. Join us as we showcase three businesses who have come through this program – they will share stories about how reducing greenhouse gas emissions has helped their bottom line.
- Heather Deal, Chair, Environment and Parks Committee; Councillor, City of Vancouver
- Elizabeth Sheehan, President, Climate Smart
- Jonathan Meads, Sustainability Manager, Concert Properties
- Nigel Bullers, Senior Vice President, Securiguard Services Ltd.
- Morten Schroder, Vice President Operations, BC, Van Houtte Coffee Services
Can’t make it in person? Tune into the live stream here at 7:30 a.m. on January 24th!
For more information and to register please visit our website.