Leadership Summit 2013 – Student Leader Facilitator Job Description
The Leadership Summit is an annual one-day conference for SFU students who wish to work on their leadership development, explore the topic of leadership, social change and citizenship, and learn from a range of presenters. This year it will be held on Jan. 19, 2013 at the SFU Burnaby campus.
The conference runs from 9:30 am – 5:00 pm and offers multiple workshops delivered by SFU staff and industry professionals on a wide range of leadership skills and topics. It will begin with an inspiring keynote address by Lauryn Oates, a Canadian human rights activist and recipient of several awards, including the 2000 Chatelaine Women of the Year and the 2001 National Post/L’Oréal Canada Women of Influence, . We are currently looking for enthusiastic individuals to help make this event a success.
- Attending volunteer training session: Thursday, January 17th at 4:30pm
- On the day of the event: facilitating an Open Space Technology discussion session during the lunch period regarding the questions: What makes a leader and what prevents one from becoming a leader?
- Day of Conference (Mandatory)
- Training Event – afternoon of January 17th (Mandatory)
- Further details will be emailed out after applications close
- Minor additional time commitment could be required depending on your volunteer duties
- Able to facilitate and lead a group discussion – encourages participation
- Commitment to mandatory event times
- Excellent time management skills
- Past leadership experience
- Strong interpersonal abilities
- Good listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Sense of humor is a plus!
- Free admission to the conference, with lunch and snacks provided
- Get experience and training!
- Make friends and have fun while networking with other student leaders
- Learn event planning and time management skills
To apply, please fill out the application at http://websurvey.sfu.ca/survey/128648595. Applications must be received by Wednesday, January 9th. Successful candidates will be contacted afterwards. Any questions can be directed to Trisha Dulku at firstname.lastname@example.org.