From GreenJobs B.C.:
Campaigner: three days a week, January to May, 2013 – $25/hour
Green Jobs BC is seeking an experienced campaigner to work on an exciting new initiative, based in Vancouver. Working closely with the GreenJobs BC Coordinator and Steering Committee, the Campaigner will plan and manage a campaign that calls on a diverse range of organizations representing sectors across the province to endorse the GreenJobs BC Open Letter & Call for a Bold Green Jobs Plan for BC.
Candidates should have an understanding of BC’s environmental issues and labour sector. You are an outgoing person and engaging communicator, and you find green collar jobs inspiring.
GreenJobsBC exists to strengthen communication and cooperation between labour and environmental organizations, in order to advance economic and environmental initiatives that: provide good green jobs; are socially equitable; are ecologically responsible; and, result in the reduction of GHG emissions.
The Open Letter has been written, and has sign on from a number of key organizations. A basic communications plan and a website have been developed. You will build on these platform pieces to engage a broader audience.
– Develop a strategic campaign plan for a non-partisan province wide Open Letter Campaign, with a focus on organization sign on.
– Design and deliver creative and engaging presentations to organizations and union locals on the Open Letter Campaign, and role of GreenJobs BC.
– Manage the campaign budget.
– Attend Steering Committee Meetings to deliver monthly progress reports.
– Assist in developing and delivering a media and communications plan for the Campaign.
– Work collaboratively with organizations interested in participating in the Campaign.
– Passion and interest in green jobs and their role in transitioning BC to a low carbon and just economy.
– Previous experience developing and managing campaigns.
– Excellent inter-personal, public speaking, social media, and writing skills.
– Works well both independently, and as an effective team member.
– Experience working with the environmental and labour sectors is an asset.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “GreenJobs BC Campaigner [Your Name]” in the subject line by Friday November 16th. No phone calls please. Thank you to all candidates; we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.