Job Announcement: Cool Neighborhoods Program Manager
Job Title: Cool Neighborhoods Program Manager (North Vancouver, BC)
Reports to: Cool North Shore Board of Directors via Cool Neighborhoods Steering Committee
Time Commitment: This is a part-time position for the first year, 25 hours per week on average, with some flexibility in the number of hours in any given week or how the hours are allocated within the week.
Salary: This is a contract position, for an initial period of one year, renewable based on job performance. The pay is $45/hour.
Start Date: As soon as possible; however, position will remain open until filled.
Organizational Overview: Cool North Shore Society
Cool North Shore (CNS ) is a BC non-profit society, whose primary focus is helping transition the North Shore toward a low-carbon, more sustainable community. CNS’s Vision is: All North Shore residents, from Deep Cove to Lions Bay, taking action together, to create a low carbon community.
Program Overview: Cool Neighborhoods
The primary focus of Cool Neighborhoods is to support North Shore homeowners in reducing and conserving energy use in their homes. We want to determine how to not only increase the number of homeowners doing energy audits, but more importantly, achieve the elusive goal of having homeowners take ACTION based on their audit to achieve significant energy and GHG reductions.
Program Manager Description
Cool North Shore is looking for an entrepreneurial, outgoing results-oriented individual with proven project management and community engagement skills and experience. Applicants must have demonstrated the ability to take an idea and some core building blocks and create a dynamic program. We want someone with outstanding interpersonal skills and exemplary communication abilities. We are looking for a self-directed individual who displays energy and professionalism in a participatory manner.
The Program Manager is responsible for overall program coordination, planning, and day-to-day operations of the program, as well as developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships. These responsibilities will be supported by the Steering Committee, who will provide overall guidance on key program goals and parameters, and will maintain regular contact with the Program Manager to generate new ideas and trouble-shoot challenges in implementing the program.
Primary Qualifications and Characteristics:
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in nonprofit management and supervision, as well as outstanding communications skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience/knowledge in energy conservation at the residential level and will live on the North Shore. Other qualifications include:
- Community engagement experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and assignments, and to meet deadlines without daily supervision; experience in contract management, including the ability to work closely with consultants and vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven ability to convey information clearly
- Comfort and confidence in working with a wide range of individuals, from municipal politicians and staff to neighborhood leaders and residents to contractors and equipment vendors
- Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to exercise sound judgment, and have displayed initiative and innovation on past jobs and/or contracts.
- Solid proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Knowledge of home energy conservation techniques and technologies
- Website maintenance i.e. being able to post and do minor website upgrades
Application Process: Send cover letter explaining how your experiences and skills match this position; resume; writing sample; and contact and relationship information for three references to Warren McKay, CNS President by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled. Additional information concerning CNS can be found on our website, coolnorthshore.ca