EMPLOYMENT / CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY
Position: Pocket Market Manager
Organization: Coquitlam Farmers Market Society http://www.makebakegrow.com
Location: Lower Mainland, British Columbia
The Coquitlam Farmers Market Society (CFMS) invites applications for the Pocket Market Manager position. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Pocket Market Manager is the lead contact person for the CFM Pocket Markets. This position will be intricately involved in the planning, development and implementation of our weekly Pocket Markets, and will act as the “face of the market’, they are to represent the Coquitlam Farmers Market Society in the community with integrity and professionalism.
About the Coquitlam Farmers Market Society:
Coquitlam Farmers Market Society (CFMS) is a non-profit, volunteer driven organization and is one of the longest running suburban farmer’s markets in the Lower Mainland, our beginnings rooted in a community economic development project initiated by SFU students in 1996.
We were recently recognized with a BC Healthy Living Alliance Innovation Award for leadership and innovation in community capacity building, specific to our work in implementing pocket markets within Metro Vancouver.
General Responsibilities include:
• Works closely with the Executive Director to achieve objectives and goals for the season, assisting with growth of the pocket market
• Oversees operation of pocket markets
– Develops operation plan (including logistics of product pick up; pocket market setup, management, and tear down)
– Manages sales tracking system, daily reports
– Coordinates farm vendors interested in participating in pocket markets
– Manages staff and volunteers; creates schedules , training program and recruitment
– Develops guidelines and procedures for vendor recruitment, product procurement, inventory tracking, sales records and tracking
– Recruits vendors, community groups, and volunteers
• Prepares information packages and general correspondence, and responds to inquiries
• Develops and maintains vendor relations
• Collaborates on development of educational themes and messaging around local food and food security issues to be presented to the community
• Collaborates on marketing activities for pocket market with CFM Staff
• Provides information to CFM staff to update newsletters and website
• Works from home office or has access to computer, printer, telephone, email
• Attends staff meetings
• The work schedule is flexible, there may be times when attendance is required during the day or evening
• Other duties as required.
Preparation of Weekly Pocket Markets include:
• Financial management — weekly sales tracking and reporting, inventory management
• Corresponding to Pocket Market Site Coordinator, Assistants and volunteers on weekly activities
• Scheduling and overseeing staff and volunteers
• Ensuring regular meetings and progress updates with Site Coordinator
• Ordering product from vendors
• Arranging product pickup schedule, including coordinating truck and storage logistics
• Managing inventory control system
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience developing a social enterprise, is familiar with retail sales and marketing
• Has experience in community development or working in the not-for-profit sector
• Enjoys working in a fast paced physical environment, and can handle being outside in all weather conditions
• Is able to use tact, discretion, diplomacy and can exercise sound judgment in the execution of duties
• Is able to effectively manage staff and volunteers and delegate tasks appropriately
• Has strong administrative, and time management skills and is detail oriented
• Has excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
• Is computer literate with basic software programs
• Is self directed, confident, reliable, responsible, and flexible
• Can lift up to 50 lbs of equipment
• Holds a valid BC drivers license and has regular access to an automobile
Term of Contract:
• Mid -April — November 15, 2012
• Compensation: $14,500 – $15,000 + 4% vacation pay (salaried position) depending upon experience. (.8 FTE)
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume describing how your background/experience meets the above criteria to email@example.com. We are accpeting applications until this position is filled.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.