The Beedie School of Business is looking for high impact ideas and entrepreneurs from across SFU!
Have a killer social impact idea? Or interested in helping a team launch a social venture this summer?
We want YOU in the SFU Social Entrepreneurship Accelerator (SEA):
– cash on Day 1 to fund your idea, and up to $3000 for the top team
– tons of hands on support from top mentors, and the push to make it happen
– the tools to build, test and launch your team’s idea
– potential summer internship opportunities
There are only 24 seats in this program. Entrance is by application and open to all senior SFU students; spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
Please submit a 250 word letter of intention telling us why you want to be involved. If you have a venture idea, definitely let us know! Email your letter and a copy of your advising transcript to Jennifer Beale (email@example.com), Coordinator Beedie School of Business, before Sunday, March 18th.
Successful applicants will be notified no later than the week of March 19th and enrolled into:
Bus 495-3 – Social Venture Accelerator
– Workshops and learning labs Mon/Weds 5:30-8:20pm from May 7th-June 18th (intersession only!)
– Surrey Campus
– Pre-req 60 credit hours
– Concentrations: For Business students, this course can be used in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Management and Technology and Management of Innovation concentrations.
The SEA is led by Shawn Smith. Shawn teaches social entrepreneurship within the Beedie School of Business at SFU, and is the co-founder of several successful organizations, including Education Generation, Riding to Break the Cycle, Global Catalyst Initiative, the Equilibrium Partnership and Radiant Carbon Offsets. His ventures and consulting touch on Europe, Africa, South America, North America and Asia. Shawn is a graduate of Simon Fraser University and holds an MBA from Oxford where he attended as a Skoll Scholar in Social Entrepreneurship.
Questions? Meet with Shawn on Wednesday, March 7th at 5:30pm in room 5020, in the Business office space at the Surrey campus, or send at email to firstname.lastname@example.org.