This workshop is a must for anyone wanting to learn about the nature of real inclusion and community transformation and what kind of leadership is required to achieve it.
Join Peter Block as he explores ways of thinking about our places (workplaces, neighbourhoods, towns) that create an opening for authentic communities to exist. Learn how to discover the gifts of our neighbours, to welcome strangers and to build associations that will shift the focus from need and deficiencies to engagement and possibility, leading to the creation of a new future.
Participants will learn to:
- Understand the conditions under which transformation can occur.
- Define leadership as listening, convening, invitation, and the triumph of questions over answers.
- Understand the importance of community and how it is created.
- Demonstrate in this session the principles of community being discussed.
- Ways to design gatherings so that transformation can occur.
- Learn conversations that will lead toward a future different from the past.
$175 Professional/Corporate Rate
$150 Non-profit Rate
$125 BCACL Member Rate
$100 Student rate (valid student ID required)
*Cost Includes continental breakfast, refreshments and a full lunch.
*Subsidies are available upon request. Contact Karen De Long, Director of Community Development at BCACL, for more information: 604-777-9100 extension 530 email: email@example.com.
Maritime Labour Centre, 1880 Triumph Street (off Victoria Drive)
Contact: Karen De Long: 604-777-9100 ext 530
Register online: Click here to register online