Development Coordinator (term contract: one-year full-time role
The Development Coordinator reports to the Associate Director, Community Giving. The Senior Development coordinator provides day-to-day supervision and support for this role.
The Development Coordinator is a member of the Development Team and is responsible for duties related to donation processing, community and leadership giving programs and administrative support.
Donation Processing (50%)
Ensures timely and accurate donation processing contributing to excellent financial reporting and donor support.
- Opens and sorts incoming donations mail
- Prepares and tallies daily deposits for Finance
- Enters donor and gift information into Raiser’s Edge
- Produces acknowledgement letters, tax receipts and other correspondence, arranges for special letters from other staff members when appropriate
- Responds to donor queries regarding donations, tax receipts, address changes, requests for information etc.
- Provides assistance to the Monthly Donor program
- Returns invalid cheques and/or credit card donations to donors
Tribute and Community-based Fundraising programs (25%)
Coordinates the implementation of dynamic fundraising initiatives that not only raise revenue for the organization but empower individuals to take action on environmental issues.
- Coordinates the In Honour program which includes entering and sending out cards or gift membership packages for birthdays, weddings, retirement, etc.
- Expands and supports the In Memoriam program that offers families the option to celebrate their loved one’s by donating to DSF.
- Supports communities, individuals and small companies with their fundraising initiatives by providing tools and tips to support their success.
- Monitors and assesses the success of the tribute and community-based fundraising programs
- Contribute to annual plans for Community Giving
Leadership Giving Coordination (20%)
Provides essential support to the Leadership Giving team to achieve major gift targets.
- Supports the Leadership Giving team with fundraising activities such as scheduling meetings, preparing donor profiles, writing briefing and debriefing notes, assembling information for reports and proposals, and other fundraising and stewardship activities
- Contributes to and helps implement donor tracking strategies and prospect moves management processes
- Produces activity reports to support program analysis and planning, and helps determine giving trends
- Implements and maintains standard Raiser’s Edge coding procedures for major gifts
- Manages data for major gifts through Raiser’s Edge ensuring on-going database accuracy and troubleshooting account coding issues for major donors
Administrative Support (5%)
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Development
- Performs administrate duties as required for the Development Team. These include filing, photocopying, faxing, mail merges, meeting planning, etc.
- Other duties as necessary
- Minimum two years experience in a non-profit organization with fundraising experience considered an asset
- Post secondary education or equivalent training in related discipline
- Reliable and well-organized, able to manage time carefully in order to achieve results
- Project coordination experience
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database
- Some bookkeeping or accounting background preferred
- Accurate typing speed of at least 60 wpm
- Highly proficient in Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service and communications skills, written and verbal
We offer flexible work week options and competitive compensation. We welcome your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 3, 2011. Please quote job #11022 in the subject line and articulate your interest and how you meet the role criteria.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal People, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.