The City of Vancouver needs YOU for our Food Scraps Recycling Outreach Team!!
The City of Vancouver is setting up a food scraps recycling pilot program with select households in Riley Park and Sunset. All food scraps – including meat, fish, bones, pasta, bread and food-soiled paper – will be able to go in the yard trimmings cart which will be picked up weekly.
We need your help to educate pilot area residents on how to participate in the food scraps recycling program. We’re seeking community-minded people who want to make a difference and help Vancouver reduce its environmental footprint. Strong intercultural communications are required and the ability to speak Punjabi or Cantonese is a bonus! Familiarity with the neighbourhoods is also an asset.
The Work. Outreach Team members will be trained in advanced and will work in pairs for each 4 hour shift. Six evenings of door-to-door outreach will take place in September to reach 500 homes in each neighbourhood. Information will also be distributed at community events. All sessions will take place on evenings and weekends.
- Earn a stipend of up to $250 for participating in a minimum of seven events. Three session minimum requirement for the door-to-door information drops.
- The fun and satisfaction of helping Vancouver become the world’s Greenest City and inspiring others to live sustainably.
- Meet neighbours in an on-the-ground outreach effort to raise awareness and build community locally.
To Apply. Please provide:
1. Your name
2. Contact info: email, phone and home address
3. Languages spoken
4. How you learned about this opportunity
5. Why you’re like to participate in the food scraps recycling pilot
6. Indicate neighbourhood preference (if any) and preferred number of shifts (i.e. 3 or up to 7)
Please reply by Thursday August 18. Limited spaces, apply now!
For More Info. Contact Tamara Shulman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.685.0017 x300.