The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID)
Location: Toronto, Mexico City or Cape Town (preferred, but flexible)
Closing date: April 3, 2011
The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) is an international feminist membership organization that works to strengthen the voice, impact and influence of women’s rights advocates, organizations and movements internationally.
Since 2001, AWID has supported young women in their efforts to advance women’s rights and has advocated for the inclusion and participation of young women in women’s rights organizations, debates and strategies so that their unique experiences and perspectives can contribute to strengthening women’s rights organizing.
We are currently seeking a woman under the age of 29 to lead our Young Feminist Activism (YFA) initiative. We are looking for a committed, creative, strategic thinker who is bilingual in English and either Spanish or French to be a part of our global team.
As YFA Manager you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the development and implementation of a strategy for the Young Feminist Wire as a hub of information by, about and for young feminist activists
- Building and diversifying the Young Feminist Wire community
- Developing and overseeing the production of information on young feminist and multi-generational organizing
- Designing and implementing on and offline capacity building process by and for young women
- Organizing regional dialogues and other convenings of young feminists including at the next AWID International Forum in Istanbul in April 2012
- Managing the YFA team and budget
If you have 6 or more years experience as an activist with young women’s initiatives working for women’s rights, with at least 3 years in a leadership capacity and 3 years working within an organization, we would love to hear from you!
For a full job description and details of how to apply, click here.