March 16, 6:30-9:00 p.m. SFU Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue, 580 W. Hastings St., Vancouver.
Engaging Diaspora in Development: Improving Global Health
Improving global health is the focus for the second public dialogue in the Engaging Diaspora series, presented by the International Development unit and the Centre for Sustainable Community Development at SFU.
This dialogue will focus on the many ways diaspora leaders and partners are improving health through innovations in research, health services, and community-based health practices in the Global South.
Dialogue speakers include:
– Ajay Puri, Coordinator, Ethno-Cultural Research Network and Dialogue Co-Moderator.
– Shafique Pirani, M.D., Royal Columbian Hospital.
– Jerry Spiegel, Professor, Liu Institute for Global Issues and the School of Population and Public Health at UBC.
– Steven Pi, President, Hands Across the World.
– Marj Ratel, Founder, Korle-Bu Neuroscience Foundation (KBNF).
– Derek Agyapong-Poku, President, Excellence in Africa Neuroscience and Health and the Canada-Ghana LiaisonVice President, KBNF.
– Mohammad Zaman, Social Safeguard/Resettlement Specialist and Executive Director, Society for Bangladesh Climate Justice.