Commencing May 2011 (or earlier) until October 2011 (possibility of one year extension)
Monday to Friday / 8:30am to 4:30pm
Pay Grade E ($3,244 to $3,473 per month)
Applications are invited for an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and the Emily Carr University Foundation; and to coordinate, organize and supervise University events related to the University Advancement Department.
Applicants will have Grade 12, plus post-secondary courses in Fundraising, Business, Events Management, and Accounting. Intensive Raiser’s Edge training at an advanced level. Minimum of five years office and administrative experience working in a fundraising environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Extensive experience managing special events and dealing with lead volunteers and donors is required. Previous experience working as an Executive Assistant is desirable. Advanced Raiser’s Edge (including ability to produce complex analytical reports). Accurate word processing skills of 65-75 words per minute. Accounting and fundraising skills. Advanced computer skills in Word and Excel. Familiarity with Internet, desktop publishing. web programs, and Colleague. Extensive events and project management experience. Exceptional interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with lead volunteers, donors, and the internal community. Outstanding command of the English language; accurate proofreading, and ability to produce complete and accurate reports and minutes. Ability to work as a team or independently under minimal supervision. Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment. Ability to work evenings and weekends on an as-needed basis. Detailed knowledge of CRA requirements as they pertain to charities.
Some Typical Duties:
1. Works closely with the Emily Carr University Foundation President and Board to ensure that all administration matters pertaining to the Emily Carr Foundation Board are carried out accurately and in a timely manner, takes minutes at meetings and prepares detailed reports for dissemination.
2. Tracks solicitors’ goals and objectives and ensures that solicitation packages, including proposals are produced and resulting follow-up recorded and tracked in Raiser’s Edge.
3. Composes Endowment and Annual Fund Terms of Reference for Executive Director’s review and for final approval by donor.
4. Composes general correspondence for Foundation Board President’s signature, Executive Director’s signature and own signature.
5. In collaboration with the Executive Director develops detailed donor stewardship plans.
6. Prepares detailed analytical fundraising reports from Raiser’s Edge and writes Raiser’s Edge protocols where appropriate.
7. Produces Advancement Office publications including: writing for and updating of Advancement Blog and Web pages, donor newsletter, Foundation Board Annual Report, etc.
8. Works closely with the Executive Director to lay solid foundations and policies and procedures to facilitate current and future fundraising initiatives.
9. Proofreads various documents and publications with accuracy and consistency and where appropriate works with designer on design of aforementioned materials.
10. Special Event Management for University Advancement and Foundation Board initiatives (including exclusive and intimate stewardship dinners, etc) that occur throughout the year, including: project management, supervision of contract staff, student monitors and volunteers; vendors and associated budgets.
11. Responds to donor, lead volunteer and general telephone, in-person and written enquiries.
Please send a cover letter and resume (quoting competition #S001-2011) by 4:00pm, Thursday, 3 March 2011 to: Human Resources, Emily Carr University, 1399 Johnston Street, Vancouver BC V6H 3R9, Fax: (604) 844-3885 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org