Description of Organization:
Since 1885 First United Church has been helping those most in need in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
The Special Events Coordinator serves as the primary coordinator in executing successful fundraising events including design, implementation and evaluation. The role is also accountable for assisting in stewardship and recognition events and projects for donors in all fundraising programs to foster long-term donor relationships.
• Collaborates with Manager of Fund Development, Manager of Donor Relations and Communication team to help organize and execute fundraising events.
• In conjunction with Communications Manager, develops and implements a local marketing/public relations campaign designed to market fundraising events
• Develops unique features to attract people to participate in fundraising events
• Organizes event logistics, meets deadlines and executes a well-run event.
• Assists in the coordination of recognition activities for all recognition and stewardship programs of the organization.
• Assist Fund Development and Communication teams to develop calendar of activities and to implement the programs.
• Liaising with staff for the coordination and execution of events
• Manages volunteers participation in fund raising events
• Prepares correspondence to all participants and volunteers pre and post event
• Develop and implement strategies to engage corporate involvement in our fundraising initiatives
• Help organize third party events
• Assumes other tasks as assigned by the Director of Fund Development
• Post secondary degree in relevant discipline or diploma in event planning or fundraising
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience
• Ethical behaviour: ensures own behaviour and that of others is consistent with the mission and values of First United Church
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to build and develop volunteer, donor and local sponsor relationships
• Creativity is an asset
• Highly effective interpersonal skills and collaborative team player. Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally and externally
• A successful track record in special events, especially fundraising events, with proven ability to achieve tangible results.
• A high degree of initiative, discernment and resourcefulness; excellent communication skills and thoughtfulness in decision-making
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Highly computer-literate with excellent Microsoft Office computer skills
• Manager of Donor Relations
• Manager of Fundraising
• Director of Fund Development
• Donors, including individuals and corporations
• Various Committees
Interested applicants please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
by March 4th, 2011.