Position Title: TLCC Coordinator
Reports to: TLCC Board of Directors
Term of Contract: Starts immediately until end of June 2011 with possibility of extension
Hourly Wage: $20.00/hr, 10 hrs/wk. Flexible schedules can be negotiated.
Deadline: Applications must be received by 4:30pm, March 8th 2011
Description of Position:
The TLCC Coordinator will oversee overall TLCC coordination and support related activities with the following goals:
- Primarily responsible for actively pursuing & securing sustainable and ongoing funding for the TLCC activities
- Support and maintain the existing pocket markets at Brant Villa and developing one new pocket market.
- Regular distribution of relevant information to Network members. Coordinate and facilitate monthly TLCC Board meetings
- Build community capacity to be involved in food security initiatives and increase awareness of available food security resources and networking opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Identify funding opportunities, develop grant proposals and create a “sustainability plan”.
· Identify and sustain opportunities for capacity building and partnerships between community leaders and agencies which would help support the work of the TLCC over the long term.
· Maintain and develop an email distribution list and blog. Develop promotional materials for Network activities.
· Monitor program finances, maintain accurate financial records, and ensure responsible budget implementation.
· Collaborate with other food security networks in Vancouver to share resources and identify opportunities for strengthening working relationships.
· Sound understanding of food security principles and the spectrum of food based programs in Vancouver
· Confident leadership experience with community development and capacity building approaches to project development.
· Experience with community work and committee based processes, particularly related to pocket markets or farmer’s markets
· Grant and funding report writing skills
· Strong communication and computer skills, organization and time-management
· Must have a valid Food Safe certificate or be willing to obtain one.
· Experience with volunteer supervision, recruitment and training
NOTE: this position requires use of your own vehicle and may require access to a home based workspace.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30pm, March 8th 2011.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: TLCC Food Security Board of Directors
Attn: Marlene Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 604-873-4402