Communications Lead Responsibilities
- Plan and implement creative and effective communication plans for advocacy and consulting projects that engage key audiences in discussions about progressive energy solutions.
- Collaborate with other communications staff to ensure the group’s work is effectively planned and implemented.
- Collaborate with other Pembina staff to help ensure the effective and efficient functioning of all Pembina offices and programs.
For a full list of responsibilities click HERE .
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will also have:
- post-secondary education in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or equivalent experience;
- at least three years experience in a communications, journalism, public relations or marketing role;
- experience with targeted, strategic communications campaigns;
- strong news judgment and editorial skills, including experience pitching, editing and producing narrative-driven content for various media platforms;
- practical knowledge of how to use social media tools to engage and inform specific audiences;
- ability to provide guidance on how to communicate technical information in plain, compelling and motivational language;
- computer skills including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets, publishing and web content development.
For a complete list of qualifications click here.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position based on a 40-hour work week (unless otherwise negotiated) and 4 weeks of vacation each year. Compensation and benefits package offered is competitive with established non-profit organizations and will be based on skills, experience and qualifications of the successful candidate. The position may require travel and requires occasional work on evenings and weekends. Further terms of employment will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.
Interested in Applying?
Please submit a detailed resume electronically in Word (.doc), Rich Text (rtf) or Portable Document Format (PDF)
Email to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: March 6, 2011
Start date: April 2011
The Pembina Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.