Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Application deadline: 14 Feb 2011
RedPoint Media Group is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Marketing Writer who is ready to join an exciting Marketing Team in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position is responsible for all marketing writing across print and digital platforms for RedPoint Media Group Inc., and associated brands. This role is instrumental for consistency of brands, elevation of brand identification, and increased corporate profile throughout all external communications.
- Employing a holistic approach through integrated marketing communications to promote RedPoint and its various publications/websites/events to readers, advertisers, media partners and related businesses
- Writing and sending press releases; managing and maintaining Media/PR contact lists
- Copy-writing and working with the graphics team on In-House ads
- Implementing and ensuring the accurate use of all brands across all platforms; maintaining documentation of the brand book
- Writing and assisting with the layout of all corporate literature (brochures, marketing & sales sheets and presentation packages)
- Writing and utilizing surveys, database tools and interactive public relations in conjunction with affinity marketing strategies
- Writing, creating and distributing e-newsletters (internal and external) as directed by Marketing
- Writing for various social media applications related to events and marketing
- Ensuring all website communications and marketing content are current and accurately reflect the brands
- Communication of RPM’s submissions and subsequent PR for award programs
- Understanding social media for promotional exposure: e-marketing campaigns or programs, events, search engine optimization, affiliate, e-mail, banner advertising, webinars, blogging, RSS, podcasts, etc.
- Writing of proposal templates for sales
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent marketing writing, proofreading and editing skills; Ability to express ideas and concepts that invite engagement from the target audience
- Ability to apply and/or adapt marketing writing to web and social media
- Minimum three years experience in communications and/or copy-writing
- College diploma or university degree in marketing, communications or related experience in the field
- Experience in developing and executing communication tactics; ability to research and propose alternatives for communications
- Accomplished style and impeccable grammar
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Self-starter with superior project management skills; able to prioritize tasks, work independently, track projects and meet urgent deadlines
- Graphics and design knowledge considered an asset
- Bilingualism considered an asset
RedPoint Media Group is one of Western Canada’s largest independent publishers. Our award-winning magazines include apple, Alberta Health Services’ health and wellness magazine, Avenue, Calgary’s award-winning city lifestyle magazine, up!, WestJet’s in-flight magazine and Wine Access, Canada’s wine and food magazine, as well as custom publications for businesses, arts organizations and other clients. Please visit www.redpointmedia.ca for more details about our company. We provide a fun and creative work environment with a vibrant atmosphere.
Please submit your resume with cover letter, plus a few samples of your written / design work (list types of samples). Applications should be sent to Jackie Bernard, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: February 14, 2011
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.