Position Title: Editorial Production Coordinator, Communications
Position Type: Full-Time, 1 year contract
Application Deadline: Feb 20, 2011
Finding Solutions — editor and project manager
- Decide on story ideas and assign writers.
- Source graphics and photos for each story.
- Do substantive edits, copy edits, and proofreading edits of all submitted stories.
- Liaise with the designer for corrections and graphic design decisions.
- Ensure accuracy by fact-checking with appropriate members of staff.
- Coordinate the print run of the newsletter, as well as supportive materials such as address data, envelope, reply forms, business reply envelopes, buckslips, etc.
- Coordinate the mailout to donors.
eNewsletters — lead writer
- Write all emails to our list of Nature Challenge subscribers (approximately 80,000 people), including fundraising emails.
- Liaise with Communications Specialists on subject, content, and editing of all emails.
- Write supporting web pages for eNewsletters as needed.
- Assist the Web Strategy Coordinator with sourcing photos.
Website — co-coordinator
- Edit all text of online postings to optimize their access via search engines and ensure they can be scanned electronically and easily understood by targeted audiences.
- Write new copy when needed.
- Work with Web Coordinator to decide on appropriate content, format and graphics.
Print publications — project manager on ad-hoc basis
- Write copy for advertisements, annual report, posters, banners, brochures, etc.
- Coordinate edits and fact-checking.
- Coordinate photo sourcing and design.
- Liaise with printers and designers.