Coordinator – Development and Outreach
The BC Health Coalition seeks a Coordinator.
The BC Health Coalition is a provincial network of organizations and individuals that champion the protection and expansion of a universal public health care system. Founded in 1994 as a consensus-based non-partisan organization, we work to build diverse support and engagement in our campaigns through outreach, education and action.
The Development and Outreach Coordinator works to assist the coalition in its
mandate to protect and strengthen Canada’s universal public health care system
– Medicare – in British Columbia.
- Initiating and managing fundraising, donor development and outreac initiatives such as direct mail, online and other forms of fundraising
- Identifying, engaging and increasing the involvement of public health caresupporters in BC, and connecting these individuals with the work of the BCHC
- Identifying and engaging with allied labour and community organizations in order to expand and raise awareness of the work of the BCHC
- Coordinating BCHC individual member relations
- Coordinating BCHC volunteers, including orientation, training, etc.
- Coordinating BCHC’s social media presence to engage with members and public on health care issues
- Maintaining BCHC website
- Writing and editing communication materials as required including
- fundraising materials, online campaign materials, flyers, etc.
- Conducting research related to BCHC campaigns
Qualifications: Experience in:
- donor development, direct mail, online fundraising and other forms of fundraising
- volunteer coordination
- website maintenance, as well as knowledge of other forms of online activism and social media tools
- basic organizational accounting and records maintenance
- grass roots community organizing and working with thetrade union movement
- reporting to a coalition-type community board structure
- non-profit society administration
Ability to deal with leadership and representatives of Coalition member organizations Excellent written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to understand and write for different audiences and formats, as required Understanding of media relations and BC’s media environment Knowledge of public health care issues Understanding of consensus-based decision making model Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a non-hierarchical team environment Experience with relational databases
This position is available March 7, 2011
Hours of work: 17.5 hours per week (permanent part-time)
Remuneration: $35.18 per hour plus benefits and matching RRSP contributions Staff at the BC Health Coalition are covered by a collective agreement with Communications, Energy and Paperworkers’ Union, Local 467
How to apply:
Please send your résumé to: BCHC Hiring Committee, care of Ava Waxman:
BC Health Coalition
Job Posting Closing Date: February 27, 2011